have you had your latin kiss today?

"After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away."--carrie, SaTC

27 October 2008

"someday I'm your super girl, out to save the world"--christina aguilera

so this weekend was fun!
On Friday after work, I went to the mall and target because I had to pick up hostess gifts for the shower I had on Saturday. I ended up getting them these little shower sets at Bath & Body Works, and I saw Carosa at Hallmark (she works there part-time) so I talked to her for awhile. After shopping I went to Steph & Jarrod's for "scary movie night" - the tradition of watching scary movies on Halloween - except they did it earlier this year since Halloween is on a Friday. It was fun to see everyone and eat junk food and see their house. It's so beautiful! :) Congrats guys! We watched this movie called Audition - it's a japanese film. It was...interesting lol. Poor Jarrod, everyone was basically playing Mystery Science Theater with it - it's all fun and games until someone gets poked in the eye and has their foot taken off - ew, gross. "tikki tikki"

On Saturday, we (my mom and Chris' mom and 2 of our friends) headed off to SA for my shower, but the MOST important thing was to pick up my dress! Yay!! It's finally in my possession! And I'm taking portraits on Wednesday and the weather is going to be beautiful! I'm so excited! I also got clips for my hair and the jewelry for the flower girl. Then we went to my Tia Yolanda's house for the shower. Of course, my family being who they are were literally an hour late but we're Mexican, so oh well. It was fun, we ate and played some silly games and they gave me a book with marriage advice in it which was nice. Then I opened presents - my cousin absolutely MORTIFIED me because she made this silly basket and in it along with just a normal bottle of wine and a restaurant gift card were edible crotchless panties. I was SO.MORTIFIED. mainly because Chris' mom was there! AHHH! Anyway, I got over it, it's fine, but gross.

Anyway, my mom didn't feel very well, so she stayed there and the rest of us drove back to Austin. I thought about doing something but I ended up just watching Grey's and going to sleep. I bought the 3rd book to the Twilight series so I'm speeding through that! loves.it.

On Sunday, I went to get my oil changed, went to the store, ran some errands, like oh, I need a bouquet for my portraits - got that taken care of, and then went to meet my aunt and mom in Blanco to pick my mom up. Didn't do too much last night, but tried to pick up my room and decided I'd wait to write thank you notes til this week.

Tonight, I have a free session with my trainer, tomorrow Im having dinner with my old high school friend, Allegra. I took Weds off for portraits and things, and so far that's all I got but it'll be a busy week!

enjoy!

Labels: , ,