"i'll pack my things, soon as you say, baby vamos"--angie martinez
So I had my first real wedding debacle. Things have been going too smoothly to not have one, and in reality, it's not really that big of one...now.
Last night I was supposed to meet my DJ...or so I thought. I thought we were to meet at Alligator Grill @ 5pm. So I left work early to meet him and...he never showed. I called 2x and then called the office once. He never called me back. After talking to Steph about her experience and getting a good review last night, I figured I would sleep on it.
Apparently I sounded so upset (I don't think I sounded MAD, I think i sounded like I was about to cry), because the girl who I guess is in charge of all DJs told him NOT TO CALL ME BACK! (She told me this, not him) Which made me not hate him, but think she was lame. She said "don't call her back, she's really upset!" And this whole time I was thinking he sucked at life because he didn't return my calls. As unprofessional as I thought the situation was, I told her very nicely and un-bridezilla-like to yes, have him call me. He apologized profusely, explained (basically it was a misunderstanding with time/date, etc) and honestly, I am not in the mood to search for a DJ, not to mention i WAITED in line to meet this guy because of his track record and popularity. How is it possible that out of ALL the people he's played for, I am the one he missed the appt for? So I am giving him the benefit of the doubt (honestly if Steph had given him a bad review, I probably would have fired him) and will meet him again, but I told him we were not meeting down south and he told me he would meet me anywhere, (as he should) so I chose someplace up north near work. I refuse to waste anymore gas. I told him how I felt about the situation. I may sound like I am being too forgiving and that's fine, judge me for that - but I think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt just once. But that is it..I also made that clear too.
Anyway, I think it was an ok ending to a minor debacle. In other news, I made an appointment with a florist and I think I might be ok with an organ playing at the ceremony....
peace.
Last night I was supposed to meet my DJ...or so I thought. I thought we were to meet at Alligator Grill @ 5pm. So I left work early to meet him and...he never showed. I called 2x and then called the office once. He never called me back. After talking to Steph about her experience and getting a good review last night, I figured I would sleep on it.
Apparently I sounded so upset (I don't think I sounded MAD, I think i sounded like I was about to cry), because the girl who I guess is in charge of all DJs told him NOT TO CALL ME BACK! (She told me this, not him) Which made me not hate him, but think she was lame. She said "don't call her back, she's really upset!" And this whole time I was thinking he sucked at life because he didn't return my calls. As unprofessional as I thought the situation was, I told her very nicely and un-bridezilla-like to yes, have him call me. He apologized profusely, explained (basically it was a misunderstanding with time/date, etc) and honestly, I am not in the mood to search for a DJ, not to mention i WAITED in line to meet this guy because of his track record and popularity. How is it possible that out of ALL the people he's played for, I am the one he missed the appt for? So I am giving him the benefit of the doubt (honestly if Steph had given him a bad review, I probably would have fired him) and will meet him again, but I told him we were not meeting down south and he told me he would meet me anywhere, (as he should) so I chose someplace up north near work. I refuse to waste anymore gas. I told him how I felt about the situation. I may sound like I am being too forgiving and that's fine, judge me for that - but I think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt just once. But that is it..I also made that clear too.
Anyway, I think it was an ok ending to a minor debacle. In other news, I made an appointment with a florist and I think I might be ok with an organ playing at the ceremony....
peace.
Labels: wedding
