have you had your latin kiss today?

"After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away."--carrie, SaTC

19 April 2006

"by now you've took all there is to take, tear it apart, and start again"--guster

so i’m typing this from word because our internet is down…been down for almost an hour. it kind of sucks because I can’t do anything, like check email or try to work because…well, we have no internet.

so yesterday, I started feeling very light-headed and my boss said I sounded worse and maybe I should go home. so I took a half-sick day, (coincidentally I also found out yesterday that our sick days accumulate and apparently I already have 12, since I didn’t take them last year…awesome. apparently I’m waiting to get REALLY sick). I went straight home and slept for what seemed like forever, but I think it really helped. I got a minimal amount of energy back and met bundy for dinner, then came back in the weird storm that came out of nowhere to watch American idol. it was my favorite show, so far, mainly because everyone (except for like kellie and maybe ace) did awesome. but you can read that here. then I watched the real world, good Lord, paula has some issues, and bless their hearts, that bitch rita is coming their way…what a let down she was. I also watched 8th and ocean, not because it’s a good show in any way, shape or form, but because it is a guilty pleasure.

so on Monday, my boss and I tried a little experiment. she told me that if I put a dirty penny in a glass of coke, it would come out clean…I tried it…and…it worked. sick-out. who knew coke would really be that bad for us, granted I had drank half of it before I tried the experiment, but still. anyway, I’m really becoming dependent on tea and water, so I think that’s probably a healthier bet, not that a dr. pepper from Whataburger doesn’t taste good at 3am, but ya know ;)

so my throat feels a lot better today, it’s sort of sore, but at least I can swallow. speaking of pain, poor l*bo had a root canal yesterday, holla to my brown sister, I hope the codeine is treating you well, I have to speak to you about the bachelorette party, so call me when you’re in less pain.

I made a hair appt for may 4, thank goodness, my hair really needs it, bless it’s heart. anyway, to pass the time, I’m just going through all my papers on my desk and organizing…when the internet goes down, my cleaning abilities go way up.

peace out.

(2 hours it was down...our internet, boo)