"all you have to do is never, ever let go"--colbie caillat
Well I had a really great weekend - probably moreso because Chris is here in town!! yay!!
So on Thursday, I went with his mom and his nana (and 2 dogs) to pick him up at the airport. I went upstairs to meet him and his mom/nana stayed at baggage claim. When I saw him walking past the gates, I was so excited, I probably would have run up to him if I could have without being arrested. Yay Yay Yay! Then, they dropped me off at work, then we met for lunch at Texadelphia. Back to work, and then of course went to his house after work. He had some relatives in town, so his mom made dinner and we got our first wedding present from his Nana, which was our bedspread for our guest room. We didn't register for it because I knew she wanted to pick something out for us, it's very pretty and it will go really nicely with the decorations I bought for the guest room.
I took a half-day on Friday which was awesome, of cousre. I met up with Chris, Amy and their mom at Rudy's and then Chris and I went to look for our own bedding at Restoration Hardware, we really love all their bedding, and you can only register for it online so we went in to see which one we liked best, now I just have to put it on the list. Then we had some time, so we decided to look at wedding bands. We went to this private jeweler in the Arboretum first, but he didnt' really see anything *mine already has a matching band so that's easy*, so we went to Calvin's (where mine is from) and he ended up finding one he really liked and the price was good. We were lucky the one in the case fit him because otherwise they'd have to order it and it would have been more than 2x the price! (ok, *I* was lucky! haha) Anyway, one big check down! Then we went to my house and I made dinner for my family and Chris and then Chris and I headed off to Catholic class. It was relatively painless and I get why they make people go. It wasn't really religious, which was interesting. It's taught by an older couple who have been married like 50 years and basiaclly they just talked about their marriage and ups and downs and examples of how they handled things (good or bad) We also had to fill out this questionnaire which I can imagine for people who hadn't talked about things like finances or kids or families or anything would have been been helpful. We had talked about most everything on there, so we just went through the questions to see if there was anything else to talk about. That's how we spent most of our Friday night, haha.
On Saturday, we had class again from 10-4 (with an hour lunch! awesome), and then we were done! Now we just have to meet with the Deacon on Wednesday to give us our certificate and we're done! yay! we "graduated", haha. After that, we met up with both sets of parents for dinner at Moonshine, which was amazing as always, and then we went to Esther's Follies. If you live in Austin and you haven't been you really should go. I laugh just as hard as I did the 1st time I saw it - I love it. Anyway, then the parents went off to Mozarts and Chris and I stayed downtown. It was probably the earliest we'd gone out (haha, it was 930). We met Ramzi at Firehouse and stayed for maybe 5 minutes and then spent the rest of the night at Barcelona. Kelli met us there for a little bit and Omi and his friend showed up too. I had a lot of fun. Ramzi took us home and we got Jack in the Box and gross - why did I think that was a good idea? I rarely eat fast food anymore lol. boo.
I did not have fun however when Chris' mom woke us up for church 4 hours after we went to sleep. Oh well, at least I wasn't hungover. So we went to church with his family and then Chris, Amy, Ramzi and I went to float the river. ("f the r" - who calls it this? it sounds gross) I'm really glad he was here and we got to do that. It was so relaxing. After that, just back to his parents house for dinner and then we went to see my parents.
Anyway today I've just had meetings. and just got back from lunch with Chris where I found out he extended his ticket!!!!!!!!!!!! :) He is staying for 2 more days, I am so so excited!! I'm taking Weds and Thurs off this week - can't wait!
All that being said, I got some really bad news last week to which I can't even describe - (I know I do that sometimes - where I say really vague things and I apologize). And it's not that I can't write it, it's just that I don't know how to without crying. A VERY close friend of mine was put in a position last week that I don't wish on any woman, ever. And my heart is breaking for her more than I knew my heart could break. Not to be Debbie Downer - apologies.
Have a great week!
So on Thursday, I went with his mom and his nana (and 2 dogs) to pick him up at the airport. I went upstairs to meet him and his mom/nana stayed at baggage claim. When I saw him walking past the gates, I was so excited, I probably would have run up to him if I could have without being arrested. Yay Yay Yay! Then, they dropped me off at work, then we met for lunch at Texadelphia. Back to work, and then of course went to his house after work. He had some relatives in town, so his mom made dinner and we got our first wedding present from his Nana, which was our bedspread for our guest room. We didn't register for it because I knew she wanted to pick something out for us, it's very pretty and it will go really nicely with the decorations I bought for the guest room.
I took a half-day on Friday which was awesome, of cousre. I met up with Chris, Amy and their mom at Rudy's and then Chris and I went to look for our own bedding at Restoration Hardware, we really love all their bedding, and you can only register for it online so we went in to see which one we liked best, now I just have to put it on the list. Then we had some time, so we decided to look at wedding bands. We went to this private jeweler in the Arboretum first, but he didnt' really see anything *mine already has a matching band so that's easy*, so we went to Calvin's (where mine is from) and he ended up finding one he really liked and the price was good. We were lucky the one in the case fit him because otherwise they'd have to order it and it would have been more than 2x the price! (ok, *I* was lucky! haha) Anyway, one big check down! Then we went to my house and I made dinner for my family and Chris and then Chris and I headed off to Catholic class. It was relatively painless and I get why they make people go. It wasn't really religious, which was interesting. It's taught by an older couple who have been married like 50 years and basiaclly they just talked about their marriage and ups and downs and examples of how they handled things (good or bad) We also had to fill out this questionnaire which I can imagine for people who hadn't talked about things like finances or kids or families or anything would have been been helpful. We had talked about most everything on there, so we just went through the questions to see if there was anything else to talk about. That's how we spent most of our Friday night, haha.
On Saturday, we had class again from 10-4 (with an hour lunch! awesome), and then we were done! Now we just have to meet with the Deacon on Wednesday to give us our certificate and we're done! yay! we "graduated", haha. After that, we met up with both sets of parents for dinner at Moonshine, which was amazing as always, and then we went to Esther's Follies. If you live in Austin and you haven't been you really should go. I laugh just as hard as I did the 1st time I saw it - I love it. Anyway, then the parents went off to Mozarts and Chris and I stayed downtown. It was probably the earliest we'd gone out (haha, it was 930). We met Ramzi at Firehouse and stayed for maybe 5 minutes and then spent the rest of the night at Barcelona. Kelli met us there for a little bit and Omi and his friend showed up too. I had a lot of fun. Ramzi took us home and we got Jack in the Box and gross - why did I think that was a good idea? I rarely eat fast food anymore lol. boo.
I did not have fun however when Chris' mom woke us up for church 4 hours after we went to sleep. Oh well, at least I wasn't hungover. So we went to church with his family and then Chris, Amy, Ramzi and I went to float the river. ("f the r" - who calls it this? it sounds gross) I'm really glad he was here and we got to do that. It was so relaxing. After that, just back to his parents house for dinner and then we went to see my parents.
Anyway today I've just had meetings. and just got back from lunch with Chris where I found out he extended his ticket!!!!!!!!!!!! :) He is staying for 2 more days, I am so so excited!! I'm taking Weds and Thurs off this week - can't wait!
All that being said, I got some really bad news last week to which I can't even describe - (I know I do that sometimes - where I say really vague things and I apologize). And it's not that I can't write it, it's just that I don't know how to without crying. A VERY close friend of mine was put in a position last week that I don't wish on any woman, ever. And my heart is breaking for her more than I knew my heart could break. Not to be Debbie Downer - apologies.
Have a great week!
