"excuse me, i want to drive now" - the joker "the dark knight"
Well this weekend was great! :) and of course, sad.
Friday was good - it was pretty low-key, we went out to dinner with our families and then just came home and watched Batman Begins to get ready for The Dark Knight. Amy went out and so I got to "baby-sit" her dog Pocket - i love her, haha, she got to sleep with her "Aunt" :).
On Saturday, we surprisingly woke up early and Chris' mom made us breakfast before our tuxedo adventure... it really wasn't that much of an adventure. Tuxes are so much easier than bridesmaid dresses, that's for sure. Chris picked the jacket and I picked the vest colors. Him in ivory, guys in chocolate, dads in pink :). It was pretty easy and then we went over to my parents house for awhile. My mom and I decided it would be a good idea to start moving some stuff to Saudi while it's free (i.e. through Chris' luggage, he gets 2 pieces of 50lbs, plus he's some silver card member or frequent flyer so he gets more). We went over there to pick up the suitcase but my mom had taken it with her, so we talked to my dad for a bit and then met my mom at Dillards to pick up the bag, we also showed her our new china and luggage. I am pretty excited for the luggage, I can't wait lol. (This is good, I'm pretty sure we'll have to buy new luggage every 3-4 years since international travel can really beat things up, but oh well) Then we met Kelli and a bunch of her work friends at the Drafthouse for The Dark Knight. On the way there, Chris and I decided that when he leaves we're going back to getting back into shape but before he left was fair game, so we ordered a bunch of stuff that was bad for us - bleh. I'm pretty sure we (and by we, i mean us and his family) have gained about 5lbs since he's been here - boo. I'll have to make sure I remember that when we come back to visit. The movie was excellent, I absolutely loved it. I love Christian Bale as Batman and I think Heath Ledger did a great job as the Joker. It was kind of weird to see him on the big screen. In any case, it was great. We just went home and hung out, I fixed his Itunes and helped him reset up his ipod for his flight (who doesn't know how to do this? oh boys.). His mom made us a really great dinner and then we went in the hot tub for awhile. We've had some really great talks this week about our future, and just other things in general and I am so glad he stayed the extra 2 days!! :) I am also REALLY excited about our future :) I am very lucky he is the way he is - supportive and loving and just amazing :)
Sunday of course, we went to church and then met my mom for brunch. Then Chris and I just went home so he could pack - boo. His parents and I took him to the airport and then I went back to their house and I went with his parents and sister to look at houses. His sister wants to buy a house so we were driving all around Cedar Park - I love houses so that was fun, except somehow we ended up on 35, boo. After that, I just went home and relaxed.
This morning I started my workout routine again and I will hate my trainer tomorrow I 'm sure. oh well.
And I miss Chris terribly :( But we will see each other in 9 weeks and it will be a whirlwind trip to Tokyo but totally worth it and he'll be back in November instead of early December. I did the math and total and only have 16 weeks left til he'll be back in November. That's no time at all! Where did this year go??? I can't believe we are over halfway through with the engagement - it really flew by! (and how happy am I that all I have to do now is get my dress altered when it comes in and find little things for the tables! haha)
Anyway have a great week!
peace.
Friday was good - it was pretty low-key, we went out to dinner with our families and then just came home and watched Batman Begins to get ready for The Dark Knight. Amy went out and so I got to "baby-sit" her dog Pocket - i love her, haha, she got to sleep with her "Aunt" :).
On Saturday, we surprisingly woke up early and Chris' mom made us breakfast before our tuxedo adventure... it really wasn't that much of an adventure. Tuxes are so much easier than bridesmaid dresses, that's for sure. Chris picked the jacket and I picked the vest colors. Him in ivory, guys in chocolate, dads in pink :). It was pretty easy and then we went over to my parents house for awhile. My mom and I decided it would be a good idea to start moving some stuff to Saudi while it's free (i.e. through Chris' luggage, he gets 2 pieces of 50lbs, plus he's some silver card member or frequent flyer so he gets more). We went over there to pick up the suitcase but my mom had taken it with her, so we talked to my dad for a bit and then met my mom at Dillards to pick up the bag, we also showed her our new china and luggage. I am pretty excited for the luggage, I can't wait lol. (This is good, I'm pretty sure we'll have to buy new luggage every 3-4 years since international travel can really beat things up, but oh well) Then we met Kelli and a bunch of her work friends at the Drafthouse for The Dark Knight. On the way there, Chris and I decided that when he leaves we're going back to getting back into shape but before he left was fair game, so we ordered a bunch of stuff that was bad for us - bleh. I'm pretty sure we (and by we, i mean us and his family) have gained about 5lbs since he's been here - boo. I'll have to make sure I remember that when we come back to visit. The movie was excellent, I absolutely loved it. I love Christian Bale as Batman and I think Heath Ledger did a great job as the Joker. It was kind of weird to see him on the big screen. In any case, it was great. We just went home and hung out, I fixed his Itunes and helped him reset up his ipod for his flight (who doesn't know how to do this? oh boys.). His mom made us a really great dinner and then we went in the hot tub for awhile. We've had some really great talks this week about our future, and just other things in general and I am so glad he stayed the extra 2 days!! :) I am also REALLY excited about our future :) I am very lucky he is the way he is - supportive and loving and just amazing :)
Sunday of course, we went to church and then met my mom for brunch. Then Chris and I just went home so he could pack - boo. His parents and I took him to the airport and then I went back to their house and I went with his parents and sister to look at houses. His sister wants to buy a house so we were driving all around Cedar Park - I love houses so that was fun, except somehow we ended up on 35, boo. After that, I just went home and relaxed.
This morning I started my workout routine again and I will hate my trainer tomorrow I 'm sure. oh well.
And I miss Chris terribly :( But we will see each other in 9 weeks and it will be a whirlwind trip to Tokyo but totally worth it and he'll be back in November instead of early December. I did the math and total and only have 16 weeks left til he'll be back in November. That's no time at all! Where did this year go??? I can't believe we are over halfway through with the engagement - it really flew by! (and how happy am I that all I have to do now is get my dress altered when it comes in and find little things for the tables! haha)
Anyway have a great week!
peace.
