"if you don't like what i'm saying, then won't you slap my face"--michael jackson
On Monday night, we had to go to the mall so I could find a shirt for our engagement pics, luckily I found one...and some shoes and some earrings. :) Success! I don't really remember Tuesday at all, so that's cool.
On Wednesday, we woke up and met with the deacon to discuss our questionnaire results. He asked us if we did the survey together because he hadn't had any couple score that high. Chris admitted we had discussed the questions - which is true. We didn't do them together per se, but no one told us we couldn't! The couple told us to take it home and bring it back. What did they expect you to do? We were surprised we didn't get 100! haha. Anyway, that was relatively painless and we went to finish registering. We registered for china (i'm so glad we agreed on some! I just wanted it to be classic and not super trendy and I'm pretty sure he just didn't want it to be super girlie)
We also registered for luggage...and after we scanned it we noticed the price...oops. Here's to parents' friends buying that - fingers crossed haha. We also decided on our bedding from Restoration Hardware.
Anyway, I am so excited to move and decorate our new place, from what I've seen it's a bachelor pad haha. Obviously.
After registering and lunch, we went to St. Luke's for Bundy's baby's service. The story that I did not discuss in my blog awhile ago was that my good friend Laura lost her baby last week due to some genetic circumstances. I would never wish that on anyone and I have just been praying for her constantly. She seemed in good spirits, or as good as one can be after something like that. We went to a get-together and her parents house after that and were able to visit with laura, carosa, shea, and borrego and some other people who were able to attend.
Then we went to get ready for our engagement pictures. I lost our photographer, or so I thought because she wasn't getting back to us, she had been in the hospital. But everything is fine now, thank goodness (for her obviously). It didn't rain, it was still hot though, eh. We met at Truluck's downtown and walked all around downtown. Around 4th and 5th street and Colorado and Lavaca, then we changed outfits and walked all the way to 2nd and then to San Jacinto, and up to the Intercontinental and Congress. Needless to say, the shoes are wore were KILLING me after that trek, but I am so excited to see the pictures. I saw 2 that she took and I want to see ALL of them! yay! After that, we went to eat dinner at McCormicks & Schmicks. Mo, Yos and Shaft had driven in from Vegas, and we went out after that. It was a lot of fun - no one is downtown on Wednesdays haha.
On Thursday, his mom made us all lunch and then we went to float the river - again. I decided when we come back to visit, we have to do that. It's so relaxing and so "Texas". We didnt' get back til late, but we had planned our anniversary dinner, so we got ready and then went to Vespaio for our 2 year anniversary :). I can't believe it's been 2 years! Anyway, today we went to lunch with our mom's and I'm just catching up on some work. Tonight we're having dinner with our families and watching Batman Begins. I was already going to see The Dark Knight tomorrow before I knew Chris was staying and luckily was able to get him a ticket too. Anyway, just trying to enjoy the last days Chris is here :) And then I see him at the end of September! Yay!
Have a good weekend!
