"i turned on the lights, the tv and the radio"--duran duran
Weekend recap - it was pretty relaxing and felt really long which was great. I hate when weekends seem really short. After work on Friday, I went shopping, there was a shirt/dress thing I wanted from Express and it was finally on sale, so I bought that and some jewelry. I spent way too much money on Friday online too. I bought a travel case, a dual voltage mini-CHI (I am SO excited about this, now I can travel with a CHI and not worry about it melting when I’m overseas), a bathing suit from Victorias Secret and our thank you cards. I’m excited for mail! haha. I just went home and hung out after that.
On Saturday my mom and I woke up early and went to San Antonio, I had to get my dress officially fitted. It was so much fun trying it on again and the lady who is doing my alterations was so nice! She’s even doing a little bit of alterations on the dress to make it even more “mermaid” style, I’m so in love with it! Then we went to go look at jewelry and then met 2 of my aunts to go eat Mexican food, yum! haha. Now I REALLY have to be able to fit into my dress, but I’m sure it will be fine. We ran some errands and I found some placecards, yay! and then we headed back to Austin because my cousin Rosie and her friend drove up from Corpus. We just hung out and drank some wine and I went to sleep early b/c I was really tired.
Sunday, I slept in and then we all went to brunch at Ztejas, yum! and then went shopping. I ended up returning everything I bought at Express and bought a cuter dress and a skirt, much more of a success. We went shopping a little bit more and then went home. My mom made a really amazing dinner and then Rosie and her friend left. Once again, I stayed at home and ended up watching The Sound of Music, I love that movie, haha. I was also watching a lot of news coverage about Hurricane Gustav, I’m glad it didn’t hit as hard as it could to NOLA, they’ve had enough of hurricanes, and I have some friends getting married there in October and it seems like everything should still be going ahead as planned.
I intended on going to the gym Monday morning but slept in instead, and then took my dad to get my mom a gift for their anniversary, yesterday was their 29th anniversary! That is so crazy to me! Then I layed out by the pool before getting ready to go to Chris’ parents house for a bbq. That was fun, food was good and of course I missed Chris. But only 4 weeks from tomorrow!! I guess I should start packing ;) Anyway, wedding stuff is coming along. We’re doing our tasting on the 12th and invitations on the 13th, lots of things planned. Most of my weekends except for the 20th are full until like November but I’m glad, it keeps me busy and soon enough it’ll be Thanksgiving and Chris will be home! yay!
peace.
On Saturday my mom and I woke up early and went to San Antonio, I had to get my dress officially fitted. It was so much fun trying it on again and the lady who is doing my alterations was so nice! She’s even doing a little bit of alterations on the dress to make it even more “mermaid” style, I’m so in love with it! Then we went to go look at jewelry and then met 2 of my aunts to go eat Mexican food, yum! haha. Now I REALLY have to be able to fit into my dress, but I’m sure it will be fine. We ran some errands and I found some placecards, yay! and then we headed back to Austin because my cousin Rosie and her friend drove up from Corpus. We just hung out and drank some wine and I went to sleep early b/c I was really tired.
Sunday, I slept in and then we all went to brunch at Ztejas, yum! and then went shopping. I ended up returning everything I bought at Express and bought a cuter dress and a skirt, much more of a success. We went shopping a little bit more and then went home. My mom made a really amazing dinner and then Rosie and her friend left. Once again, I stayed at home and ended up watching The Sound of Music, I love that movie, haha. I was also watching a lot of news coverage about Hurricane Gustav, I’m glad it didn’t hit as hard as it could to NOLA, they’ve had enough of hurricanes, and I have some friends getting married there in October and it seems like everything should still be going ahead as planned.
I intended on going to the gym Monday morning but slept in instead, and then took my dad to get my mom a gift for their anniversary, yesterday was their 29th anniversary! That is so crazy to me! Then I layed out by the pool before getting ready to go to Chris’ parents house for a bbq. That was fun, food was good and of course I missed Chris. But only 4 weeks from tomorrow!! I guess I should start packing ;) Anyway, wedding stuff is coming along. We’re doing our tasting on the 12th and invitations on the 13th, lots of things planned. Most of my weekends except for the 20th are full until like November but I’m glad, it keeps me busy and soon enough it’ll be Thanksgiving and Chris will be home! yay!
peace.
